8th-grade Literature & Language Arts
Welcome to my class! The 2019-2020 school year will be my 8th year teaching. I LOVE my job! My job involves sharing my passion for reading- with my students! Here you will find my lesson plans, contact information, and my schedule.
Remind: I do use remind to send out information about important dates. You can also email me @ firstname.lastname@example.org.
Send a text to 81010 with the code pertaining to your class: 2nd, 3rd, & 8th periods- @RogLit19, 1st & 5th- @ RogAcc19, 6th/7th period- @19SAA
My conference time is 10:48-11:3.
I stay most Mondays for SLAM. Students who come and work can earn back points. This is helpful as I do not accept late work or let students redo failed assignments.
Important dates to keep track of- every other Friday we will have a vocab test. We will do the practice work in class, but the studying must be done at home.
At the end of every month, a book project will be due. They will have an assigned genre and a specific project. It will always be due on the last day we are in class for that month.
I will spend a lot of time with you this year. So, let me tell you a little about me.
1) I am ALL about respect. Don’t worry- you will hear A LOT about that.
2) I LOVE puns, cheesy jokes, witty jokes, and word plays.
3) You will know who some of my favorite authors are by the end of the year. I talk about them a lot.
4) I want to learn what kind of stories YOU want to read. It is important that you and I both enjoy what we are reading.
5) If you stick with me, you will be a better reader.
Did I mention I love puns? That includes some memes…