We have an exciting year ahead of us, and I’m glad that each of you is
here to share in it!
When you leave class this year, I expect you to understand many
interesting and helpful ways that math is used everyday, and I
expect you to be well prepared for 8th grade.
*Parents, please check your child's Student Planner each day for assignments and upcoming test.
We will be using SpringBoard as our math curriculum this year.
SpringBoard Course 2 is seven interactive student-centered units that cover 7th Grade topics including integers and rational numbers, equations, inequalities, and linear relationships, 2-D geometry and similarity, 3-D dimensional geometry, statistics, personal financial literacy, data and probability. Students will receive a consumable workbook that has activities that cover each topic.
Students will be responsible for the following:
• Completing each activity (including Lesson Practice) from the unit menu.
• Taking 1-2 embedded assessments from each unit along with performance tasks/quizzes.
• Taking a final unit assessment.
• Taking a cumulative final exam at the end of each semester.
• Actively and positively participating in class.